Work is a major part of everyone’s life. But just because you are at work does not mean that you can’t live a healthy and active lifestyle. So if you have a desk job, here are the Training Station’s top 5 workouts that you can easily do while at work!
- Our first workout is the Seated Alphabet. To do this workout you need to be seated in your chair and take your shoes off. Plant your feet flat on the ground. Then raise one foot in the air so that you can move it in all directions. Use your big toe as the pointer and start writing the alphabet with your foot. Then repeat the same steps with your other foot. This exercise will help improve your ankle strength and while stretching your feet and toes. We recommend doing this exercise 2-3 times a day.
- The second workout we have for you are Chair Dips! This exercise will work on both your shoulders and triceps. Place your hands firmly on the edge of your seat as the rest of your body is in front of the chair. Lower your body down and hold yourself there for 5 seconds. Lift up and repeat this exercise for 3 sets of 10 reps.
- If you are looking to work out your core then we recommend doing oblique twists. While seated, twist your torso while bending forward so that your right elbow touches your left knee. Return to the starting position and then switch sides so that your left elbow touches your right knee. This exercise should be done in 3 sets of 10 reps.
- The Seated Press Up is a great workout to do from your chair. First, you need to be seated in your chair with your feet firmly planted on the floor. Grab the armrests and push down, raising your body above the chair. Hold yourself in this position, allowing your body to dangle loosely. For an optimal workout, we recommend doing this 4 times. This exercise will also work out your triceps.
- Our Last workout is Arm Circles! Arm Circles are a great way to work on your shoulders while also improving your posture! First, you want to raise your arms in a “T-formation,” pressing your shoulder blades together and keeping your palms down. Do 20 circles with your arms. Making sure that the circles are tight but complete. Then switch so your palms are facing up and do another 20 circles. Repeat 2 to 3 times.
At the Training Station, we believe that staying active is imperative to living a healthy lifestyle. Staying active should not only revolve around your gym but in all aspects of your life, including your workplace. Let us know what you thought about our workouts or if you have any workouts that you do at work that we may have missed. joyas pandora joyas pandora