Looking to celebrate Super Bowl 52 in style by hosting your own epic party? With the game just days away, there’s still time to prepare if you hurry! Here are seven tips to make your party one to remember.
- Who’s Invited? Whether its friends, family or colleagues, it’s important to create a guest list in advance and let them know QUICKLY. You can create an event on Facebook, send out a group email/ text, or just try the old fashion way of calling. Estimate how much viewing space you have and plan your guest list accordingly.
- Plan, Plan, Plan Unlike a test you stayed up all night cramming for back in college, give yourself adequate time to prepare for the big day. Ordering food? Make sure you do it DAYS in advance. Planning on cooking instead? Give yourself a week to figure out whats’ on the menu, where you’re going to get it, and when you’re going to make it. By laying out a game plan in advance, you won’t feel as rushed when Sunday rolls around.
- Create a Budget Before you do anything, make a decision on how much you want to spend on the festivities. If you’re not looking to break the bank, simply ask your guests to bring a dish/drink. To avoid having people bringing the same thing, simply inform them in advance specifically what they should bring (appetizer, entree, dessert, drink etc…)
- What’s on the Menu While the options are endless, some Super Bowl staples you can never go wrong with pizza, buffalo wings, and heroes. Have finger foods available as well like chips and dip, nachos, and guacamole, as people like to snack during the game.Last but not least- make sure you have a healthy alternative for your health conscious friends (yes, they do exist). Having a fruit/vegetable tray is a healthier alternative to the carb fest that will be ensuing simultaneously. And if your feeling a little creative and looking to impress your guests, here are some of the best recipes for Super Bowl sunday!
- Beverage of choice? Here are some quick tips on bringing your A game…
- Buy more than less If beer is your beverage of choice for the evening, better to be on the safe side and overstock than run out in the 4th quarter and have someone race to the store. Go to a Costco or BJ’s and stock up, as prices will be cheap buying in bulk.
- Ice If you’re storing your beer in coolers, buy plenty of ice. Better to proceed on the safe side and and purchase more than having your beer get warm.
- Bottle cap openers If you purchased bottles of beer, buy a couple of extra bottle cap openers so people don’t have to wait.
- Keg Expecting a large turnout? It might be cost efficient to buy a keg. Since there’s a wide variety of options, make sure you do some research to decide which one best suits your needs.
- Cocktails: Guests not into beer? No problem. Here’s a list of 9 drinks that will definitely hit the spot!
- Non-alcoholic Drinks: Not everyone will want to drink alcohol, so have plenty of non alcoholic options available such as soda, water and juices.
- TV Now that we’ve got the food and drink squared away, let’s talk technology. If you have a 60 inch LD 4k TV nestled comfortably in your bedroom, you better believe that’s the TV to watch the game. Providing a better visual experience for everyone, the increased size and improved picture quality will really be a hit. And if you REALLY want to take your Super Bowl hosting to another level- buy a soundbar or home theater system to immerse yourself in the action. Here are 10 soundbars you can get for under one hundred dollars.
- Games/Props Looking to spice up the viewing experience? Catering to die-hard and non sports fans; give your guests an opportunity to win some money by holding a Super Bowl Squares contest. Simply, set up your chart (usually 10×10 or 11×11), assign the squares, write down the numbers, and see who wins! Have some friends who REALLY love to gamble? Take it one step farther and throw some prop bets in the mix!
Training Station-Long Island
Yes, planning a Super Bowl party is a lot of work. But that doesn’t mean it should prevent you from having a great time! Just because you’re the host, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the game as well!